Solved: My federal refund was returned to the irs for absent name on the checking account. Now what will happen with my state return? Will it also be sent in a paper check form?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My federal refund was returned to the irs for absent name on the checking account. Now what will happen with my state return? Will it also be sent in a paper check form?

The question is about my state refund.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My federal refund was returned to the irs for absent name on the checking account. Now what will happen with my state return? Will it also be sent in a paper check form?

For your federal return, a paper check will be mailed to the address on the tax return.  More than likely your state refund will be returned for the same reason and a paper check will be mailed as well. I recommend you be proactive and contact your state department of revenue regarding this issue.  It is likely contacting them will result in your getting your refund sooner.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

For your federal return, a paper check will be mailed to the address on the tax return.  More than likely your state refund will be returned for the same reason and a paper check will be mailed as well. I recommend you be proactive and contact your state department of revenue regarding this issue.  It is likely contacting them will result in your getting your refund sooner.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings