Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal and state return have been accepted, but when I go to track my return it says my information is wrong that I entered. What does this mean ?

Does this mean my return has been taken ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

My federal and state return have been accepted, but when I go to track my return it says my information is wrong that I entered. What does this mean ?

#1-You should make sure that when it asks for the exact amount of your refund, that you enter the federal amount ONLY, not the total of federal and state both.

#2-Verify that your return was indeed accepted. You can do that below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

If everything is correct, the tracker will simply sometimes not show any information until your return is processed and there is an actual refund deposit date available. You can continue to check the tracker daily, or if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 and they can check on it for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EdwardLO

#1-You should make sure that when it asks for the exact amount of your refund, that you enter the federal amount ONLY, not the total of federal and state both.

#2-Verify that your return was indeed accepted. You can do that below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

If everything is correct, the tracker will simply sometimes not show any information until your return is processed and there is an actual refund deposit date available. You can continue to check the tracker daily, or if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 and they can check on it for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies