greg0765

My daughter filed a form 8863 by accident, she amended her return online, can in now refile online?

"My daughter filed a form 8863 by accident, she amended her return online, can in now refile online?"

jerry2000
Alumni

Your daughter can not have e-filed an amended return with Turbotax. With Turbotax and amended return can be filed only by printing it out and mailing it to the IRS. Since it takes the IRS 4 MONTHS approximately to process a properly filed amended return, you will not be able to e-file by April 18. You will need to print your return out on paper and mail it to the IRS on or before April 18, 2017.

jerry2000
Alumni

MatthewS1

No. You cannot amend by e-filing.  An amended return-- called a 1040X --can only be submitted by printing and mailing to the IRS.