Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2023 ammended refund has been in processing since feb 29, 2023

I submitted my 2023 ammended return and the irs received it on February 29th 2023. It is still in processing. How long does the irs have to complete my return. It has been way to long. Do they have to pay me interest on the money they owe me?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The IRS will normally take anywhere from 16 to 20 weeks or longer to process the amended tax return.

You need to call the IRS for the current status and they should be able to tell you why the return has not yet been approved and issued.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Thank you for your post. I just wanted to add that i have called them. June 20th would have been the full 16 weeks.  I called in July, I was told that they needed 30 more days. There were "no errors or red flags" for holding my refund besides they r behind.  I called again in August and September and was told the exact same thing. They have done nothing about it.  I have also looked up my transcripts on irs.gov, I have found no irs response or notices or letters. The only thing I have gotten from them is just the verbal we need another 30 days.

What can I do?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies