Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missing tax refund advance

I download TurboTax for the second year in a row they're fast and they're easy however this year I'm a new father and two beautiful kids I was laid off about 5 months ago and since then it's been rough I got turbo tax for the familiarity and the possibility of claiming your rebate if approved within an hour. I don't understand why Credit Karma out of all the affiliated companies either way I'm verify my information was next to impossible and address that I've lived there over 20 years but upon approval finally I was told I would get $750 which is just barely enough to cover until the tax returns came. That was yesterday after being told my federal taxes were approved today I'm just overcome with anxiety and extreme disappointment I was really counting on TurboTax I still don't have what they said I was approved for and they really let me andy family down

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If approved for the Refund Advance, you should get your funds typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your e-filed return. You should also receive an email from Credit Karma when your Refund Advance funds are available. However, we have received reports of a number of customers not receiving their Refund Advance after the IRS accepted their return. This experience is under investigation and we hope to have more information very soon. Thank you for your patience, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

For more information about the Refund Advance process, please see What's Refund Advance?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

lies i waited more then 48 hours You guys Played us big time . 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still investigating the issue with the Refund Advance. We will post more details once they come available. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

@Louie92

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This was a complete SCAM! Intuit owns Credit Karma so it was a win/win for Intuit. All of us paid a $39 fee which otherwise would have been free. Then we all were forced to open a Credit Karma checking account. So our refunds will be sent to Credit Karma checking account that none of us wanted or needed. What a joke! Report this to the BBB and let all your friends and family know to NEVER use TurboTax!! 

yea i hope they fix it by today

@MichelleLO  Why do all of your reps on the phone say they have no idea about this?? If there’s an “issue” then shouldn’t all employees be aware of this and a mass communication sent out? TurboTax is messing with our livelihood here 🤬

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of them?  You talked to all 8,000 or so?   When I called, the rep did know.  Things evolve quickly and there are literally thousands of folks helping.  Clearly the information is just being discovered and disseminated. 

@Anonymous  Clearly this hasn't caused an issue for YOU!! They just discovered this. Look at the previous comments.... they've been aware it's an issue since Monday. You sound just as ignorant as them SMH. It's actually SAD for the reps because their employer has been made aware of this since MONDAY and communicated NOTHING to them. You clearly have nothing better to do and not effected by this

@MichelleLO  Where will this be posted once they're done "investigating"?

try being told you were approved and it is 9 days still no advance and can not get answers from anyone tried credit karma they said to contact turbo tax and they said to contact the bank and they just did not have an answer

Sassy53

I didn't won't mines going to Credit Karma either, I have a bank account and they didn't give me the option to put my account info in.

me either i have my own bank to i will never use either of these again

Turbo tax is known for scamming people out of money and are being sued for it I have a law suit against them and this year filed threw them to see if they was still up to scamming people and yes they are if my advance isn't in my account by tonight then they scammed me and that's all my attorney needs to finish up the case on them anyone who has been scammed by turbo tax google the lawsuit against turbo tax and contact the attorney on the case to file ur claim today

thank you MichelleLO for taking ownership amongst all the chaos that has been brewing over the last week or so.  I appreciate the honesty and your willingness to come forward with somewhat of an explanation for the inconvenience a lot of us have been undergoing. I can only speak for myself when I say thank you, but I do appreciate it after having been given the runaround for 24 hours and been made to feel like no one knows what I am talking about. Again, thank you for clearing at least a little bit of the way. Have a good evening.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies