Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gma Karen

Missing 2023 returns federal and state

I hope you can help me.   I filed my federal and state returns (6 different states) and they have been processed by the various agencies.   I needed to retrieve a copy so I opened TT (Home and Business) on my computer and of course the first screen told me I needed to update.  I did, and when I tried to open the return(s) there is nothing there.   I then went to search for the individual returns I have saved as pdf files and they are also gone.   I have returns dating back to 2012 and several years programs but no returns for 2023.   I'm in a panic, any idea what could have happened or how I can get these files back   I'm certain each were saved as pdf files in addition to within the TT program, but they just are not there.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Missing 2023 returns federal and state

Open your Documents directory.  With the Documents directory opened there will be a folder labeled TurboTax.  Open the TurboTax folder.

All of your saved tax data files, which have a file extension of .taxyyyy, where yyyy is the tax year, eg .tax2022 for tax year 2022 and all of your saved PDF's will be in this folder.

Do you see any tax data files or PDF's for tax year 2023?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies