turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs accepted my return early

I was able to track mine on the IRS website last Friday and today i am not able to...idk whats going on
greengeko

In theory:
 IF you are accepted early (before opening day) You CAN Possibly have your money by Opening day.
 For the last 5 years I have been accepted early. Last year being the exception ( took 23 days ).
You are supposed to start Counting your days from DATE of acceptance it should not take any loner than 8-11 days .. BUT Remember this is the IRS we are talking about .
 I do believe they are Updating this morning. Mine is NOT showing up but It did yesterday.
No information will show if it is updating.
(usually between 4am-8am  is when they update) its 7:25 east coast time.
They claim they update daily Last year I found it only to be TWICE a week . (Tuesday and Thursday)  
Early acceptances are usually 10 days prior to opening day.
For those with EITC you may or may not seen any movement until after 2/15?
No way of knowing if they are taking them early.     

Transcripts Theory :
If you can order your transcripts then your return has been completed and about to be paid out.
Your transcripts CAN NOT be ready IF your return has NOT Completed the cycle.
Hope that helps all

I logged in to IRS to track refund today, before it said no information can be provided. They obviously updated and now it says refund is being processed, but TT says I should receive my refund between 1/24-2/13, anyone else have this???

The TT dates are somewhat misleading, as they are based on traditional  IRS turnaround times.

So do I check back on Thursday when they update again? @SweetieJean

Mine was accepted today! I was not expecting that at all, glad I found this thread. Puts me at ease

My taxes were accepted today and i claim children didnt expect this at all

Mines accepted to no child credits so I got my fingers crossed

Mine was excepted today but I have earned income credit so im not going to expect anything back until after feb 15th. If I get it early then that's great, but ill drive myself crazy checking for it everyday lol!!

I filed yesterday 1/16 and was accepted today 1/17,  I don't expect anything back until after February 15 which the IRS is saying February 28 due to child tax credit and earned income credit.
kjj1017

Ours was accepted today, but we also claimed the child tax credit. Somehow wouldn't be surprised if they don't hold some. No rush if it's held, but I guess we will all see soon enough.
Realistically, I don't see how this will help prevent fraud. What I mean by this is, those who file early are supposed to be delayed, but what about those who file at later dates, without delays?

Mine got accepted on the 12 on TT and wmr site the same day and on the wmr site I had one bar  but on Sunday  bar gone and its saying there no information on the info I provide to wait for email saying the receive it but TT say they did I am too stressed out this never happed I been using TT for years I don't know what to do TT say the same thing as ever one Elsa I get it Jan 23 between the Feb 12 I am going crazy some one please help me

I also got excepted on January 13 2017 I know everyone is wanting that money because we deserve it but it is just a waiting game I to have been checking like crazy but I am just going to wait and check again on the 23rd no point now since they will not be approving anything until then just hang in there

Child tax credit and the additional child tax credit are not the same thing.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies