Just filed my federal and forgot to add 1098. Can i edit it before it is accepted by the irs?

clamoni4

LinaJ2018

If you have already filed, you cannot return to edit, unfortunately. You have to wait until your return is either rejected or approved.  

If it's rejected, you can return to the program to add the 1098-T information while fixing the error. 

If your return is approved, you would need to amend if adding the new information changes your original refund amount or tax due.  To amend, please click here 2018 Amend.  Follow the instructions in the program and it will tell you if the correction changes the result.  If you do need to amend, please wait until your return is fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.