turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lulubunny

Did anyone else get "Your return has completed processing. You will receive correspondence about your return within 10 days." from New York State?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Did anyone else get "Your return has completed processing. You will receive correspondence about your return within 10 days." from New York State?

I got the same message this morning after having the completed processing message yesterday. I'm so frustrated. Did anyone find anything out?
lulubunny

I joined a Facebook group, where a disturbing number of people have the same message. Not everyone has had a resolution, but some for some people the status eventually changed again and the return was processed, some were audited and some got a letter asking for clarification on different bits of paperwork. Doesn't look like anyone ever got the letter in 10 days. This is the group <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/551555025023309/">https://www.facebook.com/groups/551555025023309/</...> - not much of an answer. Please update if you get the letter with some intel on what they want, and I will do the same.

Thanks for the information. I will keep you updated.

I still have the under review message which could take up to 90 days.  I wish they would just send the correspondence and get it over with.  I know that there is a problem with my return.  I realized the error right after I e-filed.  I've already received my federal.  I don't have to amend my federal return.  The problem is only with NY State and the New York City Enhanced Real Property Tax Credit.  I really think the error should have been caught by TurboTax.  TT said I was enetitled to the full $500 credit.  Now that I amended my NY State return, I'm not entitled to a penny of that credit.  In order to apply for the credit you had to earn under 200,000.  I make 62,000 a year and my total rent for the 2015 year was $10,620.00.  TurboTax entered my total rent as $1062000.00.  If I paid that much in rent, shouldn't TT have questioned my entries in some way.  How could I have paid over a million in rent when I only made 62,000?  

I called NY State and I was told that I can e-file an amended 2015 NY State return, but they can't tell me what company supports e-filing amended NY State returns.  They also said that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for an amended return to get into their system so I am really screwed this year.  One year I waited 3 months or more to get a refund from a simpe return.  My income and everything else is the same.  one year I wait 2 months and then the next year I wait 3 months.  It depends on what NY State feels like doing.  I really tried to have them note my return in some way that there is an error and to just deduct the Real Property Tax Credit, but they said they can't.  Now I just have to wait it out.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this before?  How long does it take for NY to correct a simple error?

@janellapee_83 Did you have any other message before the 30 day correspondence?
ba1997

@Taxhater001 I just got this message this morning, I'm assuming you did 2 weeks ago. Did you ever find out what was up?
jessy716

Anyone here got a resolution? My status just changed to receiving a correspondence in 30 days

Mine as well, I wonder if it is because we used turbo tax? My significant other filed and had everything within two weeks using  H&R. I filed 2/1 and was "accepted" 2/2, got my federal two weeks later but not state. Now it was under review for ever then the message changed to they received it and it was being processed now it says the 30 day message.  
I have to go back and look i hope turbo tax didnt add any zero like it did to that one lady.
ba1997

They ended up just asking for my W2's. No change in job for 20 years, pretty much same refund as every year, so I'm not sure what they're looking for. I uploaded on 3/3 and it still has not changed from this message. When I call, they just tell me it could take up to 90 days. Ridiculous!
ba1997

Oh and I used HR block online.
jessy716

Well mine changed to I've been selected for an audit and will receive a letter in 15 days... Fml!

30 day correspondence
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies