Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Its offically been pass the 21 day mark for me to get federal back n that is only weekday days counted not Saturdays and Sundays.. What more can I do??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Its offically been pass the 21 day mark for me to get federal back n that is only weekday days counted not Saturdays and Sundays.. What more can I do??

Yes, the IRS reports that they issue 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days however it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Please remember 21 days is just an estimate for the refund processing time and it is counted as a straight 21 day count.

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund delay. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February. Click here for more information: Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act 

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released:

You can contact the IRS about your refund but expect long hold times during the filing season and call volume in less in the morning.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

If you need to inquire about a state refund please contact your state Department of Revenue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies