Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It's been 60 hours since I e-filed my return on Turbo Tax. It's still pending-- prior years acceptance took a few hours. Are there delays with the system at the moment?

I filed MFS for the first time this year, after filing single all years prior, because I got married in 2022. Could this effect my return processing time? When should I reach out to Turbo Tax to check if there is an issue with my return?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

It's been 60 hours since I e-filed my return on Turbo Tax. It's still pending-- prior years acceptance took a few hours. Are there delays with the system at the moment?

@vict691571 

Please know that it is the IRS that must approve your return, not TurboTax. It varies, but normally it takes 24-48 hours. Also, the identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS in recent years may account for longer wait times. Eventually, you will receive an email letting you know whether your return has been accepted or rejected.

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn’t accepted or rejected it yet. Please reference the FAQ link provided below for further assistance:

Why is my return still pending?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies