Double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:
If that confirmed it was accepted, what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
If you are not subject to the delay due to EIC and ACTC as explained above, and if the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool shows that your Federal return has been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS, if you wish, to see if you can learn anything about the delay.
IRS: 800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.
First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
- Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
- Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
- Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
- Then press 3 "for all other questions."
- Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.