Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It has been 21 days since I mailed information for my tax return and I have not been notified of acceptance sent as certified mail, what do I do now?

I had to mail in information to federal and state facilities sent as certified mail because of some issues I had online and in previous return. Mailed 21 days ago have not received acceptance notification.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It has been 21 days since I mailed information for my tax return and I have not been notified of acceptance sent as certified mail, what do I do now?

when you mail your return there is no acceptance notification. 

1. Tracking Information: You can check the status of your Certified Mail by visiting the USPS Tracking .... Enter your tracking number (usually starting with “9407”) to see the delivery or attempted delivery date and time.

2. Postmarked Mailing Receipt: Upon request, Certified Mail provides a postmarked mailing receipt. This receipt serves as evidence that you sent the mail. To obtain it, complete PS Form 3800 and attach the barcoded label to your mailpiece

There will not be any sort of notification that the IRS received your return except for whatever you get back from using certified mail.   It can take three or  four weeks after mailing for a human at the IRS to open your envelope and enter your information into the system.  All you can do is watch for information on the IRS refund site.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2023 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies