Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nlassi01
Returning Member

When u get the new tax law message on WMR, does that mean u are approve waiting on this refund date of Feb 15???

If u are processed will they wait til after the 15th to let u know if something is wrong?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When u get the new tax law message on WMR, does that mean u are approve waiting on this refund date of Feb 15???

No. You won't see any approvals until at least 2/15/17 if you've claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit/claiming children. The first payments won't start going out until the end of February. It sucks but there was way too much fraud last year so they punish the people who need it the most. If we owed money though, different story!!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No. You won't see any approvals until at least 2/15/17 if you've claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit/claiming children. The first payments won't start going out until the end of February. It sucks but there was way too much fraud last year so they punish the people who need it the most. If we owed money though, different story!!!
nlassi01
Returning Member

Thanks damien.messina I appreciate u taking the time to respond to my question. I guess it's a waiting game now..

It definitely is. I've heard that once the returns that have EIC and/or ACTC are approved, you get a message on WMR stating the
PATH ACT Law. I think it's a safe bet to say that means your approved but that WMR won't update for you again until 2/15 or 2/16. I'm waiting too. Impatiently as always.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies