Ask the Experts all about moving >> Event happening TODAY!
k2charity

Is there any reason why refunds are taking so long to receive, its been a month now but IRS website says ‘ still processing ‘ whats going on?

I filed 2/17/21 and IRS accepted 2/18/21 but its 3/22/21 still no update, Im worried.

You are not alone.  The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the extra stimulus filings, as well as a few million unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  In addition, the Where's My Refund site has been erratic and unreliable.  But if TT told you the IRS Accepted your filing for processing, then the government has it.  (Approved is a later step, but TT receives no further updates once Accepted.)  Calling the IRS will not help, and the IRS has implored taxpayers not to call them.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Why is my tax refund taking so long? The IRS may not tell you, but this report offers clues (msn.com...

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

k2charity

Thank you as that puts some relief to my situation.