turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k2charity
Returning Member

Is there any reason why refunds are taking so long to receive, its been a month now but IRS website says ‘ still processing ‘ whats going on?

I filed 2/17/21 and IRS accepted 2/18/21 but its 3/22/21 still no update, Im worried.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is there any reason why refunds are taking so long to receive, its been a month now but IRS website says ‘ still processing ‘ whats going on?

You are not alone.  The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the extra stimulus filings, as well as a few million unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  In addition, the Where's My Refund site has been erratic and unreliable.  But if TT told you the IRS Accepted your filing for processing, then the government has it.  (Approved is a later step, but TT receives no further updates once Accepted.)  Calling the IRS will not help, and the IRS has implored taxpayers not to call them.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Why is my tax refund taking so long? The IRS may not tell you, but this report offers clues (msn.com...

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

k2charity
Returning Member

Thank you as that puts some relief to my situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies