Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is Tax Act 152 the same as the path act message?

Quick update everyone, I just spoke to someone from the IRS and he stated that if you receive just the path act message that your refund is approved the account is just frozen until they are able to release your refund into your bank account. He did say that if you receive an error code on your where's my refund status that  means something is wrong with your tax return. I filed January 15th got accepted the 17th and the path act message has been up ever since then. Fingers crossed we all get our refunds soon.
jenayb

Thank you for that update

@mariawells23 thanks for that

If you see this message with no error code you should be fine.

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before February 15 for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits. Check Where's My Refund   after February 15   for your personalized refund status. It's updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Please Note: For refund information, please continue to check here, or visit the Refunds page on IRS.gov. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

Why cant they just say your approved but we are holding it til the 15th? Wouldn't that be easier? Stop most phone calls? Mine still says this 152 message with no update for weeks. Wtf IRS we just want to know things are done properly.
nekemary
Returning Member

I check wmr earlier try to check it again a few minutes ago im block out until tomorrow
ceb1327

I files 1/6 accepted 1/12 path message since end of January, ordered both transcripts with processing date of 2/13 and cycle code 20170402.
Today I still have same message. I haven't called and won't yet because I can only imagine how long the wait will be. Now I've always gotten my refund before WMR updates, so for now I'll stick to just checking my bank account. I hope mine can come before Monday's bills are due!!
Good luck to the ones waiting patiently!!

OK so if I use the IRS main page its showing my refund amount but I am blocked til tomorrow . but I checked the irs2go mobile app about 2 hours ago and it just showed tax year ending date . so I'm thinking some ppl who say they are seeing mess. Tt152 and amount are using IRS main page . because they are both showing different info . this is for those who are confused on why they can see amount and those who say they can't . it depends on which irs page u use I'm guessing. Anyways I'll just try again in morning . good luck everyone

I filed on the 25th of January and accepted on the 25th of January was on one bar and on February 4th I got the path message with topic 152 what's this all mean
annat2017

I have a question for the IRS sup I ordered my transcripts no bad codes cycle date 2/13/2017 called IRS rep asked have I got a letter yet I said no she said she will RS send it I am so confused because I don't get how if I didn't see any of this on transcripts and today now I have a letter being RS sent

@annat2017 The IRS hires Temporary Workers during this time to help with calls etc... this sounds exactly like someone who doesn't have a Clue and should stick to the script given. Best advice is to check with your Bank and WMR... Tomorrow many people won't even be on these forums because $$$ will continue to be released and more importantly those with the PATH message will see returns beginning after 12am. 2/16/17(depending on your Bank/Financial institution)
annat2017

I will thank you I am so confused especially with what I know I know even being a early filer they ran my return especially good enough for me to have the transcripts with the - signs and good codes on it so how out of nowhere on the date we all were told we would get a update I still have path with code 152 nothing else even more if I had a letter wym would surely have updated showing since yes there has been some updates today it all sounds crazy I called back another rep confirmed his I feel but didn't pull up my account so just lost

My Pleasure... Keep your Fingers Crossed! Worry when it's past the 21 days and you have a letter in the mail telling you something other than good news....
annat2017

Thank you I am just confused behind all I know and it not making sense but I will call again tomorrow morning

THIS IS ALL I GOT?? I HAD THE PATH MESSAGE AND A STATUS BAR AND ITS NO LONGER THERE?

ANY IDEA>??

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.
Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
Please Note:
For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies