mozley82

Is anyone having problems getting a GA refund this year? My e-file was accepted by GA on January 29, 2018 and here it is May and status says still being processed.

mesquitebean

You said "status says 'still being processed' "

Status where is saying that?   Is that what you see when you check here?
https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund

The GA D.O.R website says:

• Income tax return processing began on February 1, 2018.
  • It may take more than 90 days from the date of receipt by DOR to process a return and issue a refund.
  • All first-time Georgia income tax filers, or taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years, will receive a paper check.

You can contact the GA Dept. of Revenue and speak to an agent there to see if they can tell you anything about your delay:
https://dor.georgia.gov/contact-us

Per GA, allow 90 business days (approx 4.5 months).
grand1964

Yes ! Submitted federal and ga taxes on January 29, 2019. Received federal within 3 weeks. Still nothing from Georgia, not even a notification letter, email, nothing ! My refund is only $81, surely that can't break the bank! I tried calling, waiting for 35 minutes and never got anyone. Sorry, but I have a job and cannot stay on the phone all day. It has now been almost 5 months ! Pretty ridiculous, guess they need it more than I do!

Jule2021

5/5/2020 - AM Post

Im still waiting for mine as well.  I did get a letter were they had to adjust the child tax credit and if I disagreed I needed to say why.  I did not disagree.  I called them and told them that I did not disagree.  

This is what it says... your return has been received, and it is currently being processed. Please contact the Department at 1-877-GADOR11 ([phone number removed]), option 3 to speak to a customer service representative during our normal business hours M-F 8:00am - 6:30pm.

Jule2021

oh btw - this is for my 2019 refund.