Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GLester67

IRS Transcript: Return Not Present For This Account

On Jan 22, I filed using Turbo Tax Free. Turbo Tax said it was accepted 2/10 and the WMR app on the IRS also said that. Now the WMR app doesn't update. I started checking my IRS transcript. This is what is on the transcript : "Return Not Present For This Account." It hasn't been 21 days. But, I'm a disabled Veteran and SSDI recipient. The government and the IRS has made a total cluster gaggle out of this. No direct deposit, no return on file.....just wow!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies

Yes, although you've received notification that your return has been received and accepted, in NORMAL years, you would not see it listed under transcripts until after processing completely and refund issued or payment received. This information, from what I understand from a retired IRS agent, is a transmittal of what the IRS has received on your behalf. This might mean that it may not show up until after April 15th. If there is anything specific you were wanting to review with respect to the return you filed, did you save a PDF of the return before e-filing? If not, you can still go back into your account and do so. Again, however, two different files as one is your "word" and the other is what all others have reported to the IRS on your behalf (W2s issues, 1099s issued, etc.).

GLester67

I don't understand. My situation is not a hard one. I'm a 100% service connected disabled Veteran. I get SSDI. To get last years stimulus, I followed the first set instructions. "If you are on of those that don't have to file, you will have to file a 2019 tax return so they have your banking information." I filed! Then came change 1001. If you receive SSDI, SSI, Veteran's benefits, rail road retirement, they already have your banking information. Then change 1002, we have created a non filers app, no need to worry about the other two. Use non filer app even if you already filed. Then change 1003, No if you filed don't use the non filer's app! This went around and around two or three times! I was lucky to have received the first stimulus! Fast forward the end of 2020. I get an email and an alert, second stimulus has passed, starting January 4, 2021, if you received the first stimulus, then you will get a direct deposit for the second. Jan 4th, 5th, and 6th, came around. NOTHING! Then IRS says, if you haven't received the second stimulus by January 15, you are not going to and will have to file for a tax rebate. I receive my 1099 SSA on January 22. I file the same day. I get an email that says my return was accepted on February 10th ( I was understood the IRS was not opening for tax returns until the 12th.) and I could expect my return on March 3rd. Then I find that all these people are getting their refunds back. How hard is it? A $13,000 tax return?? REALLY?!?!? There is no rhyme or reason. Oh yes I know, it hasn't been 21 days. The IRS wants to be considered a professional agency, but it's garbage like this that groups them in with the Federal bureaucracy, government, politicians (ALL OF THEM) that all they do is disrupt lives when things are bad and throw a sweet lollipop to pacify the people  they can.  So people like me if they've received the second stimulus, they got what amounts to be $415 a month! My utilities Gas, Electric, water, and sewer is $410 a month. "NORMAL years" is right, now is not the time to screw with people. I'm happy for the one's that have already received it, there is always someone in worst shape than me. Makes me wonder if I hadn't used Turbo Tax Free, would have there been a different outcome. Just so tired of this. And yes, in the middle of all this, January 7 to January 24th, my wife and I battled COVID. My wife's symptoms were worst than mine. But now, I have some significant heart and lung issues, not to mention some of the ridiculous cognitive issues I've been dealing with. Sorry for that rant and thank you. This whole thing is one big cluster gaggle! 

Yea, mine says the same thing, "Return Not Present For This Account", on transcripts. 

Also, on the refund tool it says "your refund is still processing, a refund date will be provided when available".  I filed on January 31 with TaxAct, it was excepted on Feb 11, started processing on Feb 12, had status bars for first three days, now the bars are gone and still nothing, no letter, no nothing.  Maybe it is lost in the shuffle.  TaxAct filed it electronically for me.

NO, I Used TaxAct and it costed me $124 (taken out of refund), when it gets processed, over 22 days now, still processing.  So paying a tax preparer to electronically file it for you doesn't help at all.  Non of the tax software helps you, it takes  your money, fills it out for you (maybe not making a mistake), files it electronically, and that's it.  If you paid for an professional audit service, that doesn't even help while the return is still in processing mode.  I emailed taxact thursday about mine and a rep finally messaged me back on facebook and said quote, "We can't do anything after the IRS has it and it is in the processing mode, we are at the mercy of the IRS, sorry there is nothing we can do until after it processes".I can't even speak to a tax professional on Taxact, rdiculous to say the least.

Kmb8016

@heehawman  Same for me. Accepted 2/11. Lost all bars on WMR- says still processing. Transcripts show n/a and return not present for this account. Wth is going on this year? Definitely feel that is 2/10-2/13 filers got screwed and are apart of a glitched batch or something! This is ridiculous. 

Also, I can't even get a rep on the phone. Says, "due to extreme calls, we are not able to take your call. Try again later or call back on next business day".  So sad we the American people pay that agency our tax dollars for the reps "not to answer" the "phone",  they work for us, we "don't" work for "them".  I have been trying since last Friday morning.

@Kmb8016 Did you use the WMR app from the IRS?  There is another way that you can try to find out the status of your return- 

You can  view your IRS tax account.  

Hopefully this will be of help to you and anyone else on this thread trying to use IRS tools to find out information about their tax returns.  Thank you for letting us know about this issue. 

@heehawman

I did use the where's my refund tool and my account, checked transcripts, says "no record of tax refund filed". If you are referring to account transcripts, until the tax refund has been approved, and the refund completed, no record will exist. I do have the IRStogo app installed.

The following tools might be useful to you: (in addition to the WMR tool, link provided as well as reference)

You can check the status of your refund directly on the IRS website.  Here is the link:  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Here is a TurboTax article with more information about refunds.

You can find out your tax return's status in the following ways:

@heehawman

You must not read what I have already written in this blog? If you had, you could see I have done that already,wow can't believe how incompetent people are in our society these days, 🤔👀   I have already used those tools, every day. 

Msreyes74

Hi same here. I filed Feb 12. Honestly if we don't get a rep on the phone to help we will be lost for a very long time.  I have tried calling but no luck being that call volume is extremely high and phone automatically hangs up. I read there are still 7 million people that have not yet received their refunds. 

Msreyes74

Absolutely! My son in law is an accounting and prepared many taxes including mine on Feb 12 sent. I told him that I had a feeling we will get lost in system.  Well here we are! As long as we're (N/A) means irs hasn't even looked at our forms yet. 

You may be able to check the status of your return through the IRS website using your IRS Online Account.

Online Account is an online system that allows you to securely access your individual account information.  You can view:

The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day

Your balance details by year

Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments

Key information from your most recent tax return

Payment plan details, if you have one

Digital copies of select notices from the IRS

Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any

You can also:

Make a payment online

See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement

Access your tax records via Get Transcript

Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.

@Msreyes74

I am in the same boat as everyone else return not present on my transcripts, tax topic 152 still processing etc, and this is what I found out as to why. My federal accepted on 02/13, so I won the got thru to a live irs agent lottery couldnt believe how lucky I was, but I confirmed my return is sitting in the error resolution department for manual processing, their were no flags on my return no correspondence sent out or that was going to be sent out, but that it would take up to 10 weeks at the latest before I would receive my refund. So I asked him what the rejection code was on my return..,... he told me it was error code 900, that a large a ton of people are getting the same rejection its new he’s never seen it until this year. But assuming once my return was manually processing that nothing errors out and everything is correct than yes I will get my refund. So i did some research and what I found is that error code 900 is a unpostable return because it cannot be automated processed in their system because their systems were not programmed to handle my tax  “COVID” situation. My situation is I used 2019 agi for EIC credits because I made more then vs 2020. Yours may be that you are owed stimulus payments that you didn’t previously receive, or it could be a new tax credit/deduction they didn’t program or your return has to be manually filed because if error etc whichever the reason if you have received no letters from them and it has been over 21 days Call them and find out, get a estimate timeframe of when you will receive it, you can also contact a TAS advocate for assistance to help you expedite your refund, you can tell a irs rep if you can have your return expedited for hardship like your going to get evicted lose utilities or medical assistance that you need that money for etc, thats if of course you can get thru to a live person. 
see article:   www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/12/irs-tax-refund-delays/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies