Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sk2020
Returning Member

IRS my account site shows my 2019 return is not processed though I e-filed in Feb 2020 and turbo tax shows return was accepted

Called the IRS today and spoke with someone live and they said it has already been processed and they had no idea why it says on the IRS online account. Maybe it needs time to get updated. Will wait for couple more weeks and then call again :( Does anyone else have the same issue and how long it takes to get updated? BTW I paid the amount owed and the rep mentioned they did receive the amount and the tax return is already processed and also I received both the stimulus payments

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

IRS my account site shows my 2019 return is not processed though I e-filed in Feb 2020 and turbo tax shows return was accepted

You are not alone.  Currently, we do not have an answer as to why the IRS website is not updated with the appropriate information for some taxpayers.  The IRS is supposed to have this site updated to obtain the accurate stimulus payments you received.  

• Get My Payment  - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you noted that you did receive.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HY2019

I have filed 2019 and 2020 thru your website.  I go to IRS website every two weeks nothing.. I paid to have my taxes done but IRS shows I never did my tax return for either year.  WHY????

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It's all about the timing and the timeline that has become great this year due to the pandemic and the multitasking required by the IRS.  There are many tax returns that have not yet been processed. This year has brought challenges. The IRS is required to reconcile the tax returns and stimulus payments as well as working on the third stimulus payments due to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).  With the tax season and the changes taking place all at once, a delay should be expected for full payments. They want to be diligent and are required to follow any protocols they have been issued.  They will make any adjustments and additional payments as they complete the process.

Continue to monitor your return as you have been.  They will catch up at some point.  If necessary you can reach out in different ways once the tax season comes towards a close.

• Calling is extremely time consuming right now. If you want to try, call very early or very late based on the times below.
    • January - April  800-829-1040
      • Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, unless otherwise noted.
      • Telephone service wait times can average 15 minutes. Some telephone service lines may have longer wait times. 
      • Telephone service wait times are higher on Monday and Tuesday
  • You can try to Contact the Local IRS Office using this link.
  • Potentially hardship cases only: Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS). 
    • Select Contact Us, then select to download and complete Form 911, Request for TAS Assistance
    • If you have not opened a case with TAS, call 877-777-4778 
    • TAS is an independent organization within the IRS. Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly and that you know and understand your rights.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies