turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

IRS Delays on Processing E-Filed Returns

Often, a delay can come about if you have a recovery rebate credit listed on line 30 of your form 1040. This means you didn't receive all of your scheduled stimulus payments for the first and second rounds. The IRS needs extra time to process your return to reconcile discrepancies between what you reported and what the IRS shows.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No I'm still waiting to.  Wmr site says your refund is still being processed and a refund date will be given when available.  Filed....January 28th. Accepted 13th of February. Talked to irs and they couldn't find any issues with my return. But was sent to the return department for further investigation ig. Lady there said their way behind and way understaffed and still trying to process returns from 2019, deal with coronavirus payments, and 2020 tax season. Ig we hurry up and wait. 

DianeW777
Employee Tax Expert

The timeline is unusual and aligned with the situation we face.  This year has brought challenges. The IRS is required to reconcile the tax returns and stimulus payments as well as working on the third stimulus payments due to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).  With the tax season and the changes taking place all at once, a delay should be expected for full payments. They want to be diligent and are required to follow any protocols they have been issued.  They will make any adjustments and additional payments as they complete the process.

Exactly. For millions of us. They need to be reviewed MANUALLY by the irs. Which they told me could take up to 10 weeks being so backlogged.  

I finally got an answer on mine and TT reported line 30 incorrectly so my return was pulled for review. 

EXACTLY!!!! That's same thing that happened to me. Their the ones that have screwed us out of our rapid refund. 11 weeks for their screw up but ask them and they will point fingers at irs. Absolutely a joke amidst this pandemic I got evicted, motor in vehicle blew and no transportation bills just stacking up and they still don't even feel guilty about it. Still want their money for services they screwed us on. 9 years with tt and never had this issue. Believe this and I hope millions more agree with me this will be my final year with them unless they want to refund the $ for my order. 11 weeks it will be when supposedly its gonna be deposited on the 26th. Sad. 

The issue was turbotax put amount on line 30.....where I didn't when filing. It's tt fault and they just wanna blame irs. Nothing was wrong with return just their program adding amount on line 30. 

I got all of my stimulus payments and didnt add NOTHING on line 30. Was tt program.  That's what cause 11 week delay while I still wait. 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

It is always a good idea to print and view your tax return before submitting it.   When you hit the ''Transmit Returns'' button, you are electronically signing the tax return and indicating that everything on it is correct.    @smitty152473

If there is a calculation error on your return and it cause you to incur penalties or interest charges, you can file a claim through the Accuracy Calculation Guarantee.    

Your example right. That's why I did. Rechecked it 3 times as well before submitting it.  😉👍

i had a simple tax return. single 2 w-2s and thats it. it asked if i received my stimulus checks and how much. I put in the amounts not thinking too much except i wanted to file quickly to set up direct deposit for stimulus and tax refund. Its 10 weeks later NOTHING. nothing from irs, i did get my state rather quick. I need that money i had $0.  I looked up mistakes on turbo tax that could hold up my refund, there it was someone said check line 30. i usually dont make enough to file taxes but i got in a car accident and i had to get a pay check coming in. first job barely 300 a week which made things worse because 300 will only get you back and forth to work and maybe one meal a day. so i went for a better job more hours- made 400 a week. Between 900- 1,000 union so they took 80 once amonth.  It was serving food in the hospital, covid hit. 2 by 2 people left within 6 months i was doing the job of 2-3 people for an ungrateful employer.  Work 9 days straight without day off. No real co-vid testing,  not a penny bonus. Senate/ congress we are going to pay essentail workers it sounded great til the heros package came out . not another word about hazard pay. I cant seem to get paid, put up with racism at a union job. worked so hard i almost passed out driving home day 8- straight before enough was enough. now i would like my  tiny tax refund. i called told irs about turbo tax error- it said do not amend. Got some good advice on here but didn't change anything getting screwed over....... Got covid shot 1 have had over aweek of side effects. sick everyday.....

I filed on Feb 25, it's June 1 and still haven't been paid. Same message, "we have received....we are processing." Good luck.

I filed 3 days after you and I am still waiting too. It's June 1st. Last year my friend said he didn't receive his refund until November.

Manage cookies