tgerardi1957

IRA Contribution

I submitted my tax return and included a year end IRA contribution amount for both me and wife.  The refund was for $3,079 and instead we just got our refund for about $1800.  When I take the IRA contributions out of my tax return the refund drops below the $1800+ refund we received?  How can I check to see if the IRS ever received the confirmation of the IRA contributions at their end after we made the deposits into our IRA accounts????

IRA Contribution

The difference is about 1,200.  1200 sounds like the second Stimulus payment for married or Single with 1 dependent.  Was 1200 on line 30?

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed.  The IRS knows they already sent it to you.  But you tried to claim it again on your tax return.  

Mike9241

IRA Contribution

don't do anything for now. yo should receive a letter explaining the change from the IRS.