In amended return 1040x, if the tax due check I sent to payable to the IRS been deposited from my account, is it mean my amended return got accepted?

Hi, 

So, I recently paper mail my amended return 1040x and the cheque I sent to the IRS been deposited from my account today. Is it mean my amended return been successful?

If it weren't would they proceed to take out the money from my bank account? 

Anyone have any information on this, I would be thankful. 

When paper returns are received by the IRS -- both original returns and amended returns -- payments are typically detached from them and deposited as quickly as possible, quite often before the underlying returns themselves have been processed.

So, it's still possible that the IRS might need to contact you about the return if it has any questions, even though your payment has been processed.

Hi, thank you for your response. Is there a chance that my amended return was checked and everything was okay so they proceed the payment or its not likely? Thanks.

The typical scenario is that the payment is processed first, it's not really likely that the amended return was processed before the payment was actually deposited, but it could have happened.  That said, you can check on the status of the 1040X as described in the IRS' page <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/amended-returns-form-1040x">https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-pro... this helps.

Thanks.

It takes up to 14 weeks to process a return.  As previously stated, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will credit a payment before the return is processed.   Usually, you should receive a confirmation response from the IRS within 30 days from the receipt of the return. It is a general letter informing you the return was received, but it will take additional time for the return to be assigned to an IRS representative.

You should continue to check the status of your 1040X by utilizing the IRS link that was provided by TurboTaxJohnW15.

Great, thank you.