turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im trying to do my 2019 taxes that I already started months ago how DO I DO THIS????

My 2019 taxes have not been filed yet you are not letting me continue to finish them why????
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Im trying to do my 2019 taxes that I already started months ago how DO I DO THIS????

@user85208574 wrote:
My 2019 taxes have not been filed yet you are not letting me continue to finish them why????

I assume you were using Online TurboTax for your 2019 return.

At this point in time Online TurboTax can only prepare a 2020 return.  To finish your 2019 return started in Online TurboTax last year, you would need to download the *.tax2019 data file from your account and finish it in the 2019 desktop software (CD/download).

NOTE:  If you already paid for your 2019 return last year, TurboTax Support should furnish you the 2019 software.

Otherwise, the 2019 software can be purchased directly from TurboTax as a download at this page:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

The 2019 return cannot be efiled.  It has to be printed, signed, dated, and mailed.  When mailing, it is a good idea to mail by a method that has tracking such as certified mail, priority mail, etc.   If you have both Federal and state returns, mail the Federal return to the IRS and the state return to the state tax agency.

Here's some more info in case you need it:

Are you able to find your 2019 tax data file in the same account you're using this year?   This FAQ explains 2 methods to find it.   If you try both methods and find no evidence of the 2019 return in that account, then you may have multiple accounts without realizing it.   We can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

FAQ:  How do I access a prior-year return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies