turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does this letter i received saying the irs needs more information like w-2, w2g, 1099-r when I have entered this in turbo tax ?

I think this a scam

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does this letter i received saying the irs needs more information like w-2, w2g, 1099-r when I have entered this in turbo tax ?

If you received an official letter from the IRS you will need to mail these documents to them. 

It is not uncommon for the IRS to request additional information. Google the letter's return address and only mail information to an official IRS address. You can call the IRS to verify. 1-800-829-1040.

Also, if you set up an online account with the IRS, you can communicate with them there and verify this letter.

Click here to find where to mail your Federal return from your state:  https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you received an official letter from the IRS you will need to mail these documents to them. 

It is not uncommon for the IRS to request additional information. Google the letter's return address and only mail information to an official IRS address. You can call the IRS to verify. 1-800-829-1040.

Also, if you set up an online account with the IRS, you can communicate with them there and verify this letter.

Click here to find where to mail your Federal return from your state:  https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies