turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If you paid for TurboTax services for 2019 filing using your refund, did your second stimulus check get delayed

I usually get direct deposit and last year I decide to let  TurboTax take their payment out of refund and then I got refund remainder deposited to my account. It seems that this confused IRS for the second stimulus even though the IRS  had no problem giving me a direct deposit for the first stimulus check. Anyone else have this problem?"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you paid for TurboTax services for 2019 filing using your refund, did your second stimulus check get delayed

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund when you filed your tax return, then the IRS may have sent your stimulus check to the bank that processed your refund, which is different from your bank. If this happened, then TurboTax will have notified the IRS of your correct account information and they are working to send your payment within days.

If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return this year, you can enter the payment on your tax return and it will be included with your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I talked directly to the IRS today. They told me that Turbotax messes up. That because I filled with Turbotax I won't get a second stimulus check.  They also said that Turbotax had the option to pay a transfer fee but decided against it because it would cost too much. Doesn't say much for Turbotax.  

Yes my refund was delayed because I saw on tax transcript that it was sent, so what other options does tax turbo have since they didn't accept transfer fee.  I really hope that is not the case because turbo tax has made alot of money and they should care more about there customers.

According to the IRS site,  we may have to fill out, line 30, on Form1040, for the recovery rebate credit, if it is not sent out. Because TurboTax didn't pass/transfer on the money received. I noticed while doing a pre-check that they no longer offer that option anymore.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund when you filed your tax return, then the IRS may have sent your stimulus check to the bank that processed your refund, which is different from your bank. If this happened, then TurboTax will have notified the IRS of your correct account information and they are working to send your payment within days.

If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return this year, you can enter the payment on your tax return and it will be included with your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Either Turbotax is lazy or incompetent. I keep hearing the excuse, this was a very short time frame.  that's just a pathetic copout!  They knew this stimulus was coming at some point months ago. They should've had a plan for every time frame this stimulus might be released.   So like I said, lazy or incompetent.  Leaving your consumers to deal with it. Sorry but it's the truth.

Either Turbotax is lazy or incompetent. I keep hearing the excuse, this was a very short time frame.  that's just a pathetic copout!  They knew this stimulus was coming at some point months ago. They should've had a plan for every time frame this stimulus might be released.   So like I said, lazy or incompetent.  Leaving your consumers to deal with it. Sorry but it's the truth.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies