turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

A payment of $452 was made on my federal tax return. I had amended that last month and mailed it, and it showed that I was now due a refund of $428. Do I get reimbursed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SueT

A payment of $452 was made on my federal tax return. I had amended that last month and mailed it, and it showed that I was now due a refund of $428. Do I get reimbursed?

If you owe less tax as the result of filing an amended return, the IRS will refund the money as soon as they have processed the return and verified that you are entitled to a refund. It takes them a while to complete that process, especially at this time of year when they're really busy. You should probably allow about 2 months for them to get the refund to you. If you want to verify that they've received your amended return, you can always call them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SueT

If you owe less tax as the result of filing an amended return, the IRS will refund the money as soon as they have processed the return and verified that you are entitled to a refund. It takes them a while to complete that process, especially at this time of year when they're really busy. You should probably allow about 2 months for them to get the refund to you. If you want to verify that they've received your amended return, you can always call them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies