Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

besim1992

I need help fixing my tax return I didn’t do it right my first time doing on my own. I also wanna make it direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CathyB

I need help fixing my tax return I didn’t do it right my first time doing on my own. I also wanna make it direct deposit

If you have not filed your return yet, you can still make changes. Log back into your account and select the option to "Take me to my return" and click back into the section of the program where you need to adjust your entries. To change your refund method, return to the File section and go to Step 2, Your Refund Info.

If you have already submitted your return, you will not be able to make any changes until it is Accepted or Rejected by the IRS. If it is Accepted and you need to make changes that require filing an amended return, the IRS recommends waiting until your return is completely processed before filing an amended return. Depending on what refund method you chose, that's how the refund will be processed. If your return is rejected by the IRS, you can log back into your TurboTax account and make any changes you need and resubmit for e-filing.

To determine if you need to amend, please refer to this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies