Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If you consent to the disclosure of your tax return information, Federal law may not protect your tax return information from further use or distribution. I Is this safe?

This is rather scary as I am a victim of identity theft thanks to TMobile and their breech bs that keeps happening over and over. That said, I am concered as it says IF I consent the federal law may not protect me. This is just very confusing.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you consent to the disclosure of your tax return information, Federal law may not protect your tax return information from further use or distribution. I Is this safe?

At any time and for any reason you have the option to  revoke access to your shared data.

Follow these instructions to stop sharing data:

On the web, within Turbo, click on View Profile in the upper left hand corner. On the mobile app, tap the menu button at the top left and tap View Profile.

Within the Profile page, scroll down to Household on the web, or tap Personal in the mobile app.

On the web, click Edit next to the name of the person that you no longer want to share your data with. For the app, tap the name of the person.

Choose Revoke access.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That response completely missed the mark of my inquiry. While I appreciate the reminder about cancelling or revoking shared information, what I truly sought was reassurance regarding safety. It seems increasingly common for people to skim rather than fully engage with the content they encounter. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It is safe. This is only used so TurboTax can offer you the ability to pay your fees through your refund or offer you other tax return related products.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies