Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If Turbo Tax did not report the amount of Oregon State Income Tax I paid in 2023. (From my 2023 W-2 box 17) was not reported on line 32. How to fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If Turbo Tax did not report the amount of Oregon State Income Tax I paid in 2023. (From my 2023 W-2 box 17) was not reported on line 32. How to fix?

If you filed the 2023 tax return then it will have to be amended.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to amend a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/need-amend-state-return/L3hGF...

If you have not filed the 2023 tax return, then go back to the W-2 section of the program and verify that the amount of the state taxes withheld were entered in box 17 of the W-2 and that Oregon was entered in box 15.

Click on Federal on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Wages & Income

On the W-2 listed, click on the Edit/Add button

i would call the Oregon department of revenue if you filed. Missing withholding from your w-2 is something they should catch and therefore there may be no need to file an amended return. Be sure to ask.  

I finally got through. I have to file an amended return. At this point I don’t trust Turbo Tax at all. And the process to amend a return through TurboTax remains unclear. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies