turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zman101

I filed on the 29th last month, its been 3 weeks and I still have not gotten my refund. Yes it was approved. Why is it taking so long?

and I was supposed to get my refund in today the 19 at the latest, on the Wheres my refund page it says its still processing, but no bars are shown, but when I look up my moms, it shows everything. Also my brother got his refund and he filed a couple days after me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed on the 29th last month, its been 3 weeks and I still have not gotten my refund. Yes it was approved. Why is it taking so long?

The IRS does not work on first in first out. Honestly, we're not informed of the exact formula but there could be two returns submitted at the same time, with the same credits and deductions, and both will get a very different refund date.The current guidelines we have are that the refund will be issued within 21 days from the date of acceptance. There is an exception for those who filed the EITC and ACTC, for those, please see below:

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

If you go past 21 days since your return was accepted and you have not received your refund, please follow the steps in the TurboTax FAQ below to contact the IRS.  (Please note that if the PATH act applies to you, you may want to wait until after 2/27 to call to in to inquire about the status, otherwise they may as that you call back after that date.)

For more "Wheres my Refund FAQs" please see the following link: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Accepted is not the same as Approved.

Ok so if the federal return chart says I am supposed to get my refund by March 4 does that mean I am definitely getting the money then
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If the date on <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/refunds">www.irs.gov/refunds</a> says March 4th then that is the refund date. Allow 5-10 days for mailing and up to 5 days for your bank to make the funds available.

Any refund chart you see on the internet is just someone's guess. The IRS stopped issuing refund cycle charts several years ago.
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS does not work on first in first out. Honestly, we're not informed of the exact formula but there could be two returns submitted at the same time, with the same credits and deductions, and both will get a very different refund date.The current guidelines we have are that the refund will be issued within 21 days from the date of acceptance. There is an exception for those who filed the EITC and ACTC, for those, please see below:

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

If you go past 21 days since your return was accepted and you have not received your refund, please follow the steps in the TurboTax FAQ below to contact the IRS.  (Please note that if the PATH act applies to you, you may want to wait until after 2/27 to call to in to inquire about the status, otherwise they may as that you call back after that date.)

For more "Wheres my Refund FAQs" please see the following link: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

kingtee79

I'm in the same situation and I was accepted on the 31st. I see a lot of people that filed after me, get a date and mine is on the "still processing" message with no codes. I'm not sure what to do.
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The guidelines we are given is that for 9 out of 10 filers, you will get your refund within 21 days. If you claimed the EITC or ACTC then those refunds are expected to be available beginning 2/27 per the rules of the PATH act. If 21 days have passed (day 22 or later) then you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to have them check on your status and see what, if anything, is holding up your return.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies