Solved: If my return was accepted February 7th and it's March 5th why haven't I received my return?

jstacmakmilli

If my return was accepted February 7th and it's March 5th why haven't I received my return?

ChrisVonHoep

Delays have been common this year.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

For Tracking click: Track My Refund or see: Refund Status for more information.

ChrisVonHoep

Delays have been common this year.