If she is a dependent and does not have a filing requirement, you can report the 1098-T on your tax return and claim either an education credit or the Tuition & Fees deduction on your personal return.
Please see the link below for the types of credits available as well as the Tuition & Fees deduction.
To enter your 1098-T information:
- Go to the Federal section of the program
- Select Deductions & Credits
- Select Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T) and click start
- Select Edit to the right of your student's name to review or input your information for the 1098-T
- Or you can Add a student if needed on this section
- Proceed to enter the information as reported on the 1098-T form. TurboTax will generate the applicable credit or adjustment based upon your input.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"