hash2019

If my 2019 refund was kept due to student loans and I put my direct deposit info on my taxes will my stimulus check still go to that account?

JohnB5677

Yes, if you have an account posted to your return, that is the one it will go to.  In addition, the stimulus check will not be used for any additional payments other than Child Support. 

JohnB5677

hash2019

Thank you so much. I've got one other question we used my direct deposit info for my mother's tax refund and because my name wasnt on the refund my bank sent it back due to the fact my name wasnt on it. What do we need to do about getting the refund and changing her direct deposit information for her stimulus check?

ReginaM

The IRS is setting up a portal for people to update their bank account information. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.