tammessa

If i paid my taxes, and then amended them, now i am due a refund, how does that work?

My Daughter filed her taxes for the first time and claimed herself when she should have said she can be claimed by someone else. She is my dependent. so her taxes were filed and i filed my taxes having to owe money. Well we have now both amended our taxes and now I am due a refund. How does the IRS give me back the money I paid and the refund? will it be on separate checks or all in one check?

Patrice

Typically, the IRS would mail you two separate checks.  One for the amendment and one for the overpayment of your original taxes.

Patrice

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing