jkkempin

If I have not heard back about an amendment I made to my taxes 4 months ago, what should I do?

I filed my 2020 taxes in Feb of 2021.  At that time I marked that I had recieved all of the tax credits that I was suppose to get during the pandemic.  I later found out that was not the case and that I am owed 2 of the checks for my son.  I amended my taxes to change that piece of information.  I talked to someone at turbotax and found out that I had to mail the amendment in because that was the only way the IRS was accepting the amendments.  I sent that, and refiled on TurboTax, on March 30th 2021.  I was told I would hear back within three months.  I have not heard back.  How do I find out if my amendment was recieved?
Bsch4477

It can take many months for an amended return to process. Check here:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1