Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bell_vic

If I got a advance of my income tax with Jackson Hewitt do I have to file with them. I can't just pay them what the advance was and do it with turbo tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If I got a advance of my income tax with Jackson Hewitt do I have to file with them. I can't just pay them what the advance was and do it with turbo tax.

You have to ask Jackson Hewitt that question. We don't know what their policies are or what the terms of the advance are.

Please let me know if you were successful at going somewhere to complete your taxes instead of returning to Jackson Hewitt after you received your w2

I would like to know the answer to this question as well, my husband and i got the refund advance of $300 and our fees are over $500! We have no problem paying Metabank the loan back but we would much rather go with turbo tax at $40 to file.

I didn't return back to them with my w2 I filed on line with turbo tax. I was also denied the advance. I think you can pay the loan separately even if you decide to go elsewhere

Actually, the paperwork you signed when you got the loan, and that you should have received a copy of, should answer that question and probably also has contact information if you have questions.

I did this got 300 from Jackson Hewitt but filed turbo tax and was just accepted by irs they can’t file without your w2 I don’t think but I called and told them I hadn’t got my w2 yet and would come by and file when I did just too make sure they wouldn’t. 

Afarmer7

I'm wondering the same these fee are outrageous... however I did get 500 from Jackson Hewitt... I'm wondering what the consequences will be if I dont file with them???

What was the outcome?

Have you heard anything ? 

Have you heard anything from Jackson Hewitt or the IRS?

Mine was filed and accepted by the irs thru turbo tax no problems and I got a loan from Jackson Hewitt they called me but I told them I didn’t have a w2 yet haven’t heard from them since 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please know that you are welcome to file your taxes with Turbo Tax, but unfortunately we are unable to address your question on your Refund Advance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I called METABANK and got their address. I mailed them a $500 money order. Then I called my local Jackson Hewitt and asked if they could cancel my paperwork and they told me no that I HAD to file with them. I do NOT want to file with them, they are so expensive. So I would really like to know if anyone got their return by filing with someone else.

Jr1000

You do NOT have to use JH . I got a loan and filed through turbo tax . Already got my refund back. Which was a good chunk more than JH quoted and this is before we consider the fees JH takes . Keep in mind if you do this JH may not let your get a advance with them anymore 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies