turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jasminelj

If I filed my taxes with direct deposit can I update my direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No, once you file a return you cannot change it or get it back.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can change your direct deposit information.

If your return gets accepted, then you cannot change your banking information.  If you entered the wrong banking information then you will be automatically switched to receiving a check in the mail once your bank bounces the deposit back to the IRS and State.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, once you file a return you cannot change it or get it back.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can change your direct deposit information.

If your return gets accepted, then you cannot change your banking information.  If you entered the wrong banking information then you will be automatically switched to receiving a check in the mail once your bank bounces the deposit back to the IRS and State.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies