Solved: If i claimed my stimulus check on my taxes then re...

If i claimed my stimulus check on my taxes then recieved it in the mail what will happen?

If you keep and the check, the IRS will ask for their money back at some point.  I would suggest sending it back to the IRS with note explaining that you reported the missing payment in Turbo tax and expect a credit.

Please review this IRS link and read the section entitled When returning a paper check that was not cashed or deposited taxpayers should: In that section is an IRS link that will tell you the nearest IRS location to mail the check back to.

Same happened to me and I cashed the check when it came. If they send a second one from my filing, I will simply send that one back to them. This is all the fault of the inept IRS and there's no reason why we all should send the first check back and continue waiting for the other one. That's absurd and again, it's NOT our fault but theirs. 

Thank you all