nwagoner1985

If I amended my federal return and added two dependents, do I need to send in an amended state return too? or just federal?

Texas Roger

Yes you must also amend your state return and mail it to the state.

Texas Roger

kaykay3

I amended my 2018 return today March 7th, 2020, because my second child (dependent) was omitted from the original tax refund application.

The issue now is that I had mistakenly mailed the 1040X with 1040, EIC. ACTC forms to the IRS.  Because when I printed it on TurboTax, it printed the 1040X with 1040, ACTC and EIC. So, I mailed them all to the IRS for refund.

What is the way forward?

Should I resend the mail by sending only 1040X alone? I can see the 1040X is just 2 pages.