terasabelle

If I am getting a refund. Why do I receive 4 vouchers to pay the IRS?

ddaven12

We'll automatically include 4 quarterly 1040-ES vouchers with your printout if you didn't withhold or pay enough tax this year. We do this to head off a possible underpayment penalty on next year's taxes.

You may get these vouchers if you're self-employed or had an uncharacteristic spike in your income this year. For example, you sold stock or took a large distribution from your retirement plan. 

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; we're just suggesting it based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

ddaven12

Froelbo

Will I still recieve  my refund? I’ve never in the past had these vouchers before 

npierson7

Yes, you will get a refund if it was correctly calculated on your tax return. 

Froelbo

Great thank you

If you are receiving a refund or low tax due and TurboTax prepared the vouchers then your tax liability was probably reduced by credits.