turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If accepted 1/29/18, send to bank date of 2/22/18, IRS says “no EIC refunds will be deposited until after 2/27/18, will my refund be held by SBBT until after 2/27/18?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If accepted 1/29/18, send to bank date of 2/22/18, IRS says “no EIC refunds will be deposited until after 2/27/18, will my refund be held by SBBT until after 2/27/18?

SBBT does not enforce the PATH act and will process your refund within 1-2 days no matter when the IRS pays it.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Where are you seeing the send to bank date? Is it on TurboTax or is it on Where's my refund?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes @CarissaM, the status changed yesterday to approved and gives the send to bank by date. Make sure you’re putting in the actual Federal refund amount and not the Total amount that includes state. I read a lot of people where doing that. Good luck!

I don't believe that the IRS stated the would not release refunds until the 27th. What the said was they would release them mid-month and that they would most likely hit your bank account around the 27th because of President's Day. With that said - as soon as SBBT has it, they send it to your back. If SBBT is showing that they have not received it - then they have not. Once sent to your bank it should show after the process it - could take a day or two. My bank is pretty quick - once the have it, they release the funds. If you have not received it by the 23rd you can call you bank.  By the way it's only the 20th - so relax. 🙂 Hope this helps!

Okay, that makes sense.  Thank you @kaleighbt3! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

@pinkyposhe - you are most welcome!! Hope you get your refund soon!

Thank you @kaleighbt3! You as well.
hkunze

Lots of folks with 2/22/18 ddd have been receiving funds today 2/20/18 and people having refunds put on a card like netspend or greendot srarted receiving prior to today. Should be any time.
jbaby28

it says my funds have been sent to sbbt when will it show in my account

Update: I checked SBBT this morning at 9am est and it shows that they have received my refund and the fees have been deducted. I will update you tomorrow if it's deposited.

Also, the status on "Where's my refund" hasn't changed to sent as of 9am est.Yes
hkunze

Sbbt update for me this morning as well. My credit union probably won't release till tomorrow tho.

SBBT does not enforce the PATH act and will process your refund within 1-2 days no matter when the IRS pays it.

Thank you @Opus 17
hkunze

That is not true. The path act is done as of 2/16 that's the final day till those refunds were ok to release. Sbbt cannot issue a refund till irs sends it to them. But they already started releasing path refunds.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies