turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kflueger

Where will my federal tax refund be sent? The address on my w2 is my old address

I filed my tax returns and I gave my bank account for the state refund but I'm not sure where my Federal is being sent. I added a mailing address that is my parents in MN which is probably the best place for it to go but I am nervous that they will send it to the address on my W2 which is my old address

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Where will my federal tax refund be sent? The address on my w2 is my old address

If a paper check is mailed, it will be sent to the mailing address you provided on your return in the "Mailing Address" section under the Personal Info tab. The address on the W-2 is irrelevant.

Bdunccc
Returning Member

Okay, so I filed my federal taxes and it is coming in the form of a check. I recently moved, and updated my address to my new address. Will the IRS send my refund check to the address on my tax return, or the address in my IRS account?? Help!

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

If you changed you address with the IRS directly, they should be sending the refund to that new address. 

Link to change address with IRS directly

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bdunccc
Returning Member

So even if I filed my tax return 01/19, I got accepted 01/21, my refund got accepted last Friday, and I updated my address I believe on the 26th of February, it’s going to go to the updated address? I’m just trying to make sure

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

According to the information in the link provided by KrisD15, it can take up to 6 weeks after receiving an address change to be fully processed.

IRS Change Address

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies