Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taxgal

I would like a refund for my turbotax..i have vista

i paid $99..Only to find out that it will not suppost vista in less that 6 days My order # is QSTW1769802_ _ _ _
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Microsoft support for Windows Vista ends on April 11, 2017. TurboTax support for Vista does not end. You can still run 2016 TurboTax in Vista after April 11. See the following FAQ.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3383061-what-happens-if-i-install-turbotax-2016-on-windows-vista

View solution in original post

7 Replies

taxgal

yes, i did and it said it will stop supporting vista on the 12th..is there anyway to get m email addy out of the questyion so the whole world won't see it?

Where does it say it will stop on the 12th?  I don't see your email address anywhere.
taxgal

a profile popped up that gave me a place to edit my profile "whew"
taxgal

After i paid $99 and started the download something said it was incompatable with 2015 and ask if i would like to patch or d delete old version..i chose delete..after download asked to connect to internet to download updates..That's when it said that as of the 12th they would no longer be supporting vista.
taxgal

OH LOOK !! And here it is on the community posts from three month ago !!  My bad..it's the 11th..not the 12th.   Oh Damn :(  It gets worse....

To top it off, and more importantly, the same post says "your computer may be more vulnerable to the latest viruses and security breaches once Microsoft stop releasing patches for Vista." !!   

So, who's the ass?  Me? ..for only looking at the sites security and privacy statements on the purchase sight and not fine-tooth combing the blogs..Or them ?, for not making this clear to the public before they purchase an item in which they are intrusting with their most confidentional information.

Why didn't they make me aware of this before i paid for it  !!  

May i have money back please??
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Microsoft support for Windows Vista ends on April 11, 2017. TurboTax support for Vista does not end. You can still run 2016 TurboTax in Vista after April 11. See the following FAQ.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3383061-what-happens-if-i-install-turbotax-2016-on-windows-vista

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies