Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

r_byrkett

I was told that I could not file my taxes online due to certain forms. While trying to amend this, I was logged out. Now I can't access my tax forms.

I have been focusing primarily on school and did not accrue taxable income in 2019 or 2020. However, I wanted to file my 2020 taxes just in case I would be able to qualify for the stimulus check. TurboTax told me that I was unable to file my taxes online because certain lines were left blank but allowed me to download the file. I did as such before going back through and attempting to make amends as my sister – who is in much the same situation as me – was able to file online without a hitch.

While making these amends, I was pulled away from the computer for a bit and was logged out from the website. When I came back and logged back in, the site is now telling me that I cannot amend my taxes further because they have already been filed...in the form of me downloading an incomplete version.

"Clear and Start Over" doesn't work, as I'm simply blocked with the message, "Once you register your tax return, or pay any TurboTax fees, we can no longer clear and start over."

Am I just completely out of luck here? Is the website blocking me from properly filling out the remaining information because I clicked a button to download my own file?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I was told that I could not file my taxes online due to certain forms. While trying to amend this, I was logged out. Now I can't access my tax forms.

If you don’t normally file a tax return, you don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus payment. The IRS will base your eligibility on your last tax return, from either 2019 or 2018. If you filed a return for $1 last year as required to receive the first stimulus (either through TurboTax Stimulus Registration or the IRS Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool), the IRS will use the information you entered to issue this third check.

And if you receive Social Security or Disability benefits, your stimulus payment will be included with those automatically.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies