Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was supposed to receive last years tax return on 2/14/2022 and this years on 2/28/23.Both years I filed on turbo tax with direct deposit. I have not received either wtf

I have called the IRS and after a full YEAR got ahold of a live person who said they would either send me a letter explaining why we haven't received our tax return or they would release the funds.... We got a letter saying... we are still working on your 2022 tax return and will get back to you shortly.... great where the F is my 2021 tax return?!?!?! If I check online both years just say 'sorry your return has been delayed beyond the normal time frame" 0 actual info.... If I ghosting the IRS like they are ghosting me for over  a year they would take my car and take my pay checks away. They own me money with 0 communication for over a year and its fine because its the government. Taxation is theft. Abolish the IRS!!! Where the F are my last TWO years tax returns? Turbo tax will absolutely do nothing! The 2 dates I listed where from them..... How can the IRS take my taxes for my entire life and then when they owe me money just bail?!?!??! with no negative reproduction's?! ABOLISH THE IRS
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was supposed to receive last years tax return on 2/14/2022 and this years on 2/28/23.Both years I filed on turbo tax with direct deposit. I have not received either wtf

see this link (towards the bottom)  for suggestions.  another possibility is to look up the phone number for your closest  local IRS office and give them a call.   even if the IRS were abolished some other US agency would have to take over and they could be even worse.  if you don't want to pay income taxes move to a country without them and don't have other forms of taxation that are just as bad.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/taxes/get-your-tax-refund/ 

First stop having refunds and this issue goes away automatically.   But if you cannot do that then you are stuck waiting for the IRS to process the return.  

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

Then press 4 for all other inquiries.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies