Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When an adjustment is made to my return will the refund be sent via direct deposit as I originally requested?

The IRS says that the are giving me a larger refund and a letter notifying me of why will be mailed to me and my refund given by a certain date.  Are they mailing my refund along with the letter or will I get the letter in the mail and my refund via direct deposit as is what I requested on my return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Jimesa

When an adjustment is made to my return will the refund be sent via direct deposit as I originally requested?

Your letter of explanation will come via US Mail and after they have made the "adjustment" your refund will come direct deposit as you originally requested. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Jimesa

Your letter of explanation will come via US Mail and after they have made the "adjustment" your refund will come direct deposit as you originally requested. 

jbc3277

I requested DD too but now that the WMR tool shows approved it says the following....."Your ax refund is scheduled to be mailed by April 21, 2017. If you do not receive the refund by May 19, 2017, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then."....Did you end up getting your refund by DD or the mail?
Jimesa

Your refund will still come via direct deposit even if the amount is adjusted.
jbc3277

As far as I know it hasn't been adjusted. It just says it just says a check will be MAILED to me. It doesn't say the typical DD verbiage

I received mine by DD
jbc3277

Thank you. Did your WMR tool say "your refund will be MAILED by" a certain date or did it say it will be SENT to your bank by a certain date?

It said it would be mailed.
jbc3277

So you got your DD on the date it said it would be MAILED? Or a few days after the mail date?

On the date it said it would be mailed.
orishuler

Did it take longer to get your refund once they adjustment
queenj1624
Returning Member

I was accepted February 7th 2019 sent a letter March 4th 2019 saying that I was being adjusted and my refund would be there within 4 to 6 weeks but where's my refund it's not showing my information how will I receive my check and when should I receive it

As it said, 4-6 weeks after March 4.
queenj1624
Returning Member

Will it be by mail?

I received mine by DD.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies