turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to get my money from 2016 taxes ! I think a friend did them that year and Amended them and she did this year and Wow

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I want to get my money from 2016 taxes ! I think a friend did them that year and Amended them and she did this year and Wow

Ask the friend for copies of the tax returns she did for you. Also ask her how much of a refund you should have gotten, and where she had the refunds sent to.

You can get free transcripts of your tax returns and your tax account from the IRS at the following link. The tax account transcripts will show how much your refunds were.

Get Transcript

If your refunds are disappearing when your friend does your taxes for you, you should think about getting someone else to do your taxes, or doing them yourself with TurboTax.

You did not receive your tax refund from your 2016 tax return?  A friend prepared the tax return?  Did your friend use TurboTax?  Your problem lies with your friend. Your friend needs to provide you with copies of the return --and the amended return if the return was in fact amended.  Or your friend can give you the account and user ID so you can access the account that was used to prepare the return.  No one else can access that account or see the tax return.

If you are not sure if the return was really filed at all, you can request a free transcript of the return from the IRS.

You can get a free transcript from the IRS:   

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies