rodneyandandrea

I want my refund direct deposit, but my checking account information is incorrect. how do i correct the information?

RamonT

If you have not filed yet or have been rejected and you entered the incorrect banking information for your refund. You can change it using the link below.

If it is accepted it is too late to change it. If the account is incorrect. The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return. 

Here is the IRS number in case you want to call them and see if they can change it.

Call the tax help line for individuals (1-800-829-1040) or businesses (1-800-829-4933) to speak with an IRS representative.

RamonT