Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

Maybe we will see movement this week

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

I verified on Feb 26 my WMR changed on March 1 and has not made any changes since. From my experience every case is different I just hope we see dates soon I will keep yal posted.

@ladeirdre2009 what did your status change to on March 1st?

Ok, so here is my experience so far as of today 3/5/19 - I received my letter 5071c to confirm my identity, I do so via phone on 2/19 - on 2/29 I was able to request transcripts for this years tax return, I received those in the mail today but they where blank (ugh) - so I called directly to the IRS (first the number on my 5071c to confirm they processed the ID verification which they did) and then I called the IRS general line, they had a record of me confirming my ID and also let me know that until my return was actually processed it will come up as blank. She also let me know that there is currently nothing wrong with my return and its just in processing and will take up to 9 weeks from my ID verification date (2/19) - So hopefully it wont take that long but I might not get my return till at least April 23rd which will be the 9 weeks. I will update everyone if I happen to get it sooner or an update to WMR.

i verified online on 2/19 called they said it was accepted on 2/21 but i haven't gotten a DDD how long has it taken for most and any who has verified around the same time got any change or DDD
sucio8289

I verified on the 27th when do u think mine will update

My return was accepted on feb 8th but I didn’t receive a letter for me to ID until Feb 28th. I just verified on Mar 5th so I’m looking at the 9 week wait even though I opted for the direct deposit. Kinda sucks.
sucio8289

Man this really does suck they told me the same tHing when I verified. Hopefully we get it sooner

@sam2011 It changed from delay to processing.
adv1

@kingtitan74 you said you got a refund date did your refund come back to you like the website stated?

I hate all this waiting, I verified over the phone on 2/26 and it already feels like an eternity. I dislike all this waiting since I did file since 2/5/19.

Back in the day you used to mail in the return and you had to just wait patiently by the mailbox for the  refund check to come ( up to 12 weeks) with no instant way to check on them ... could be worse. Electronic filing is not all that is cracked up to be.
kwentonw

I understand. I filed on 1/30, verified on 2/27 and now playing the waiting game

It sucks how you’re given a suggested wait time of around 3 weeks and they turn around and tell you that you won’t get it for 9 weeks.

I file on 1/30 called IRS they said they sent a letter out on 2/19 didnt get the 5071c letter until 3/6 verified on line and I am still getting I entered in the wrong info and I know its correct. This has been a pain in my a$$.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies